We're making the call to all creative young persons to come and register for the birdsong Vacation Programme 2019. This programme is if you:
- Have lots of creative ideas and want to share them with the world
- Can you sing or play a musical instrument - pan, trumpet, sax, flute, keyboards, guitar, etc
- Want to improve your skills in sight-reading, harmony, ear-training, composition, performance, ensemble playing, etc.
- Are Interested in theatre arts, music history, dance and other courses
- Want to learn how to market and promote your creative work online?
- Want to go on fun and exciting field trips & guest lectures by thought leaders in the arts and entertainment ?
This is a fun but intensive programme that has been designed not only to enhance the musical skills of campers but make them better, well rounded citizens. Now in its 16th year, the birdsong Vacation programme is totally free — there are no charges for the classes, music instruction, field-trips, the use of the instruments and so on. This years Vacation Programme takes place over a 5-week period starting on July 8. Camp will be held on Mondays through Fridays between 8.30 am to 4 pm mainly at our UWI location — Old Works Building, Agostini Street, St. Augustine. As usual, the camp culminates with a gala Camp Closing Concert at Queens Hall on August 9th. Here campers get the chance to perform for a specially invited audience including parents, family members as well as some of the leading lights on the Trinidad and Tobago arts and culture sphere — see this review of last years concert published in the Newsday.
As you can imagine, there is high demand for the programme and we have limited places so admission is by audition. Auditions will take place to our UWI location — Old Works Building, Agostini Street, St. Agustine on Thursday 30th May , 2019 and Wednesday, 5th June, 2019 starting at 9 a.m. For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 620-5285.